Sunday 29 September 2013

A week away in the Sun

Lyndon (my partner) and I booked our holiday to Kos back in January so we've been waiting a long time for it, but I hadn't bought my Nikon DSLR back then. Since my purchase back in June, I've been keen to capture new and different things, so our holiday to Kos (as well as intending on being a relaxing one) felt like a great opportunity to capture some images I can't necessarily in the UK. These last few weeks prior to going, have had me really excited about what I might see. The holiday didn't start so relaxing when I realised I'd forgotten all my bikinis, and bruised the bridge of my nose after swimming into a step on the first day.. But after that we had a fantastic time; trying the local Gyros and kleftiko, getting lost wandering through the streets of Kos Town, and we also managed a day trip to Turkey. You can actually see it from Kos as it's only 11miles away! When we found out one of the Seven Wonders of the World was in Bodrum, I had to go get some snaps. I guess that means I'll have to go see the others now! I'm not usually your stereotypical tourist who loves all the cultural sites and views but I also had to get some of the amazing sunset from our balcony, alongside a few of the harbour and more. 

Scroll down to have a look :) Any comments for tips and advice on the pictures I've taken would be great. 

Heres the sunset from our apartment 

 Not quite sure what this building was, but I liked it
 These grasshoppers were huge! 
 The Turkish flag
 Lazy Bones
 Some of the ruins of the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus
Our hotel pool at night

No comments:

Post a Comment